Wednesday, September 05, 2007

One Final Tango

My dearest readers,

Today I have come to a decision that, in the grand scheme of things, will probably make no difference to anyone. Still, it was a decision I've been thinking about and flip-flopping over for some time...several months now, in fact. But finally, after much consideration, I have come to a decision:

I'm retiring from blogging the world of UT Law.

I started my blog, as my description says, as a way to document the trials and tribulations of my 1L year. And I feel as though I managed to do that while having a lot of fun. I met new friends and fellow bloggers, learned far more than just the law, suffered through hangovers and finals with equal valor, enjoyed a gossipy scandal or two, and drank far more than anyone probably should--and I documented it all. And now, as a 2L, I plan to keep doing all of those things, although perhaps a little more anonymously. ;-)

To all my commenters, thank you. Even to the bitchy ones. To all my friends who, whether they realized it or not, often gave me the fodder for this blog, thank you. To the wonderful professors and the terrible professors, thank you all. I never thought I would reach the level of blogger "success" that I did--the several hundred hits a day, being featured on the Austinist blog, and regularly being linked in the Weekly Law School Blogger Roundup--it was all extremely flattering. I've had a great time.

So there ya go, I'm handing over the reins. I challenge the class of 2010 to get some juicy blogs going, we all need a good distraction now and then during lecture.

Lots of love,

The Lioness

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 5:10 AM, September 06, 2007, Blogger Butterflyfish said...

I saw this coming but still sad cuz we started around the same time. Good luck in law and life, Lioness. You've been entertaining.

For that and more, thank you.

 
At 6:14 AM, September 06, 2007, Blogger E. McPan said...

Rats. I'm going to start making fake blogs so it looks like my blogroll is populated with lots of blogs.

May the force be with you...

 
At 6:29 AM, September 06, 2007, Blogger the star said...

i weep. hopefully i will be able to sniff out any new blawgs or blogs that you start, my dear.

 
At 10:03 AM, September 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As one of your persistently bitchy commenters (maybe the top one?), thanks for the blog, and good luck with 2L.

 
At 10:11 AM, September 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As an anonymous fan from far away UVA, thanks for a good year of blogging. You'll be missed.

 
At 5:21 PM, September 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!

 
At 8:10 PM, September 06, 2007, Blogger The Fox said...

sad to see you leave, lioness.

 
At 11:47 PM, September 08, 2007, Blogger angela said...

I agree with Fox. I'll miss your blog.

 
At 6:27 PM, September 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How hard is it to write a few lines once a week?

 
At 10:51 PM, May 24, 2008, Blogger Andrew said...

I just want to let you know that I'm one of the people that came across your blog later on. I'm still in my undergrad right now I'm just trying to see a little bit about the life through some blogs. Your blog was very interesting and I pretty much read the whole thing while I was at work. Good luck in the rest of your school and career.
-Hopefully a future UT Law student.

 
At 10:39 PM, September 14, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don’t worry about what job you’ll have during the summer after your 1L year; or worry, but know that worrying is about as effective as trying to study at Crown and Anchor. The real troubles in your law school career are apt to be things that never crossed your mind.

Blogging with our juristaff is fun.

 
At 1:57 AM, March 27, 2012, Anonymous Boarding Schools India said...

Our quality of education is extremely poor when compared to foreign schools/lower primary etcher but Indians pay 3 to 8 times more!

 
At 1:35 PM, August 09, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad to see you go. Here's for all the kids still wanting to go to law school. Choose wisely, my friends.

http://www.toplawdegree.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home