Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Law school Reloaded: The eve of 2L

Alas, that time has finally come. After a summer of working, drinking, and dreaming of the day where I get to do much more of the latter than the former, our hiatus from academia must come to an end.

I really did put it off as long as I could, including waiting to purchase my books until today. That was what we call a "stupid decision". I forgot that the reason I generally shoot to the bookstore the first day booklists are posted is not because of my excitement for school--it's my excitement for getting a clean used copy instead of paying full price on new books. And since all the used books were gone, my credit card got hit with the stomach-curdling $700+ charge for my books this semester. Ouch.

I also waited to the last minute to turn in my scholarship thank you letter, to the point that I ended up e-mailing it in. I learned I could e-mail it in after a lovely conversation with the never-dull Linda Alba, director of financial aid, who at one point in our conversation informed me that either "her computer was doing something weird or she was having a 70's drug flashback." I really do love that woman.

And my last bit of procrastination is me still putting off my first day assignments. The idea of diving into the fascinating world of Federal Income Tax just doesn't appeal to me yet today. Maybe after a beer.

Anyhoo, welcome back everybody. (And welcome in general to the 1Ls. Don't freak out too much now. Remember: if you really fuck up, you can always fling yourself off the top of the parking garage! No, I'm just kidding. Well, kinda.) Let's have a great year.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, August 29, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

phew. just e-mailed my letter in too. thanks for the heads up - if not for your blog i would have completely forgotten.

 
At 1:58 AM, March 27, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try to emulate, learn from foreigners, from neighbouring countries and see for ourself - INDIANS ARE BEHIND TIME.
School Admission Form

 

Post a Comment

<< Home