Top five things not to say while hitting on a female law studentLast night, against my better judgment as I am still fighting a cold, I allowed myself to be dragged downtown for a few hours to see a friend's band play. Throughout the night my friend and I got hit on by a few different sets of gentleman at the bar. And, as happens roughly 70% of the time, when the flirting/conversation reached the inevitable "so what do you do" point in the conversation, and I answered "I go to law school," I would get the look of total horror, generally followed by one of the following lines: (All of these have actually been said to me, btw)
1. Oh, so are you going to sue me for talking to you?
2. Law school? So I got this [parking ticket, dui, assault charge] last week....
3. Cool! You could be my sugar mama!
4. My [parent, sibling, roommate, goldfish] is an attorney. [He/she/it] hates it. Why would you ever go to law school?
And my personal favorite:
5. That's too bad. Drunk guys hate smart chicks.