Thursday, November 16, 2006

Top five things not to say while hitting on a female law student

Last night, against my better judgment as I am still fighting a cold, I allowed myself to be dragged downtown for a few hours to see a friend's band play. Throughout the night my friend and I got hit on by a few different sets of gentleman at the bar. And, as happens roughly 70% of the time, when the flirting/conversation reached the inevitable "so what do you do" point in the conversation, and I answered "I go to law school," I would get the look of total horror, generally followed by one of the following lines: (All of these have actually been said to me, btw)

1. Oh, so are you going to sue me for talking to you?
2. Law school? So I got this [parking ticket, dui, assault charge] last week....
3. Cool! You could be my sugar mama!
4. My [parent, sibling, roommate, goldfish] is an attorney. [He/she/it] hates it. Why would you ever go to law school?

And my personal favorite:
5. That's too bad. Drunk guys hate smart chicks.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, November 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is way too funny. I've heard al those too many times to count, too!

(Except for that last one.)

 
At 1:04 PM, November 16, 2006, Blogger the littlest tortfeasor said...

Loves it, I hear #s 2 and 3 all the time. I also enjoy "Couldn't get the M-R-S degree in college, eh?"

 
At 2:22 PM, November 16, 2006, Blogger Hawk McGee said...

#5 is awesome. Too true to actually say.

 
At 9:06 PM, November 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#5 is awesome because it's true, but obviously not for any of the reasons for which it was probably said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home