Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Not my fault: I'm in 1L

With my father coming in for dinner tomorrow night, and the royal state of messy that my apartment is in, I started thinking of all the things outside of law school I can blame on being a 1L approaching November. Feel free to post your own in the comments.
  • Messy apartment, completely cluttered with empty bottles of Shiner
  • Haven't gone grocery shopping in three weeks
  • No longer cook meals, instead subsist on take out, sandwiches, lean cuisines and beer
  • Often answer friend's phone calls with "I'm too busy to talk to you right now"
  • You still have to catch up on tivoed shows from three weeks ago
  • Laundry? Ha!
  • You have a newspaper subscription, but haven't read one in a month
  • In fact, you have no clue what's going on with current events whatsoever
  • The last time you had a nice manicure or pedicure was at orientation
This isn't to say that I have no free time. It's simply to say that in my free time, I'm going out drinking because that's the quickest way to forget how mind-numbing Con Law is. And ya know what? That's ok. Because I'm a 1L.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, October 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, way more than half of these are true for me to...

 
At 10:38 PM, October 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My only exercise consists of walking from my car to the bars, which can be a hike considering I'm so poor I refuse to pay for parking.

 
At 9:29 AM, October 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bad news: It's going to continue to get worse until finals are over.

 
At 6:42 PM, October 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last time I had my legs or eyebrows waxed was orientation. Ok, I've had my legs done since then.

 
At 12:53 PM, October 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1715915/

NSFW

-m_i

 
At 8:08 PM, October 28, 2006, Blogger T said...

yup. all true for this 1L, also. Especially the cooking part. Worst news, I just realized that two of Philly's finest cheesesteak shops are only 5 blocks from my crib.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home