Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Earl Warren's ghost just tried to kill me

So I'm sitting in my bedroom, with my cat in my lap, reading Con-Law, specifically about the Warren Court.

All of a sudden my sliding closet door swings out, then back, and all the hangers start moving. As my cat dashes into a hiding spot, I assume that some animal must have gotten in somehow and so I go to check it out, by standing on my nightstand and peering into my closet.

Now, the way I was standing on the nightstand it was foreseeable that it might have fallen over in the way I was leaning. Instead, it falls in a completely opposite direction than the law of physics should have allowed it to fall and I fell against the wall, hurting my wrist and scratching my back pretty badly in the process.

I have investigated every single inch of my closet. There was no animal. Something else did this. I am forced to accept the notion that, apparently, Earl Warren wants me dead. Trust me Earl, the feeling is mutual--and I mean all the way dead too.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, November 08, 2006, Blogger Hawk McGee said...

Warren has got to go. He just loves this kind of thing.

 
At 9:03 PM, November 08, 2006, Blogger The Lioness said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:15 PM, November 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell are you reading Warren Court opinions for? Powe only cares about Marshall. Everything else is just fluff.

 
At 4:44 PM, November 10, 2006, Blogger The Lioness said...

Right. Powe doesn't like Warren at all. That's why he clerked with the Warren court, written a book about the Warren court, and is considered the leading authority on the UT con law faculty about Warren. Yeah, you're absolutely right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home