Sunday, September 24, 2006

This is why lawyers are divorced

So I rarely post too much about my personal life, because, well, it's usually pretty boring, and you people don't really need to know anyways. But as this is at least semi law-related, here goes.

First, some background. I've been dating (non-exclusively) a guy we'll call "Bartender Boy." Well, Friday night, "Bartender Boy" did something to make me very, very angry with him. Saturday, with the conflict still not resolved, I attempted to do my Con Law reading. It was impossible. My reading went something like this:

Read a line. Remember why I'm angry. Think of new arguments to use against him when I next talk to him. Remember I'm supposed to be reading. Re-read line I just read. Remember why I'm angry. Re-play what made me angry in my head. Remember I'm reading. Re-read line I just read....

That went on for a while, and by the time I finally talked to him again, around 5pm on Saturday, I had only managed to do about 15 pages of reading. Still, I proceeded to have one of the most artfully executed arguments ever. This is clearly why most lawyers are divorced. I have no clue how normal people put up with us.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, September 24, 2006, Blogger the littlest tortfeasor said...

This is one of the reasons my fights with 3L ex were so bad. We both did this, and it was super messy.

 
At 12:33 PM, September 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Con Law reading makes me angry no matter how I was feeling when I start it.

 
At 2:54 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Cindy said...

Yeah, wait till you're actually a lawyer. I like to tell my fiance, "I have a doctorate in arguing. Do we really have to continue?" He's learning.

I love the blog, by the way. It takes me back...

 
At 2:50 PM, October 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is what I hated most about my ex. No, I do not want to tell you why I'm upset only to have you dissect it and prive to me that I'm wrong to be feeling that way...

No wonder people hate lawyers. *I* hate lawyers, when I'm arguing against one about why he's wrong and should clearly be apologizing to me. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home