Sunday, September 24, 2006

Anonymity & The Things I Post

Let me start by saying, I hate that I am even having to post this at all, but after seeing something I wrote bashed on another UT blawg, I felt it was necessary.

1. I know I'm not anonymous and that most of the 1Ls who read this would easily realize who I am. The purpose of me posting under my pseudonym of Lioness is not to pretend no one knows who I am (hell, I've told several of you point blank) but to keep the blog from being actively searchable through my name.

2. In case you can't tell, these posts are meant to be humorous, this post excluded. Humorous, in my opinion, means sarcastic. People who got offended by the "people at the bottom of the curve" post seemed to miss the inherent sarcasm in it. For god's sake, I was writing it in class, clearly not paying attention to the lecture, and by those standards, it should be me at the bottom of the curve. Regardless, I'm not trying to make enemies here, and I took that post down. Accept my apologies if you were really offended by it.

3. I stand behind this blog. If you have a problem with what I write, please don't go run over to another blawg to bitch about it. Say it here. E-mail me at lunchingwithlions@gmail.com. Your opinions are important to us.

And finally, please, dear readers, never make me write another serious post like this again. ::End rant::

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, September 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it was pretty clear that the post was meant to be a joke. But some of the funny-ha-ha was made at the expense of someone who is fairly easy to identify.

I don't have a problem with your bottom of the curve comments. They're amusing (most of your posts are amusing). And seriously...someone's got to be in the bottom.

But I also think you went a little too far in bashing the not-so-anonymous-gunner. Its one thing to talk about "the gunner" or "the gunners", its quite another to lament that everyone hates so-and-so using code words, when so-and-so is pretty easy to identify. I thought your comments about the specific person in question were rude and mean - especially since they were about someone who wasn't really anonymous.

Anyhoo. Here's hoping this is your last serious post ever!

 
At 6:55 PM, September 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting a post bashed means you've officially "made it." That's my theory.

 
At 7:05 PM, September 24, 2006, Blogger The Lioness said...

To anonymous: Perhaps you're right, and I did take the post down and apologize. However, I think whenever you put yourself out there in some way, by being a gunner, or writing a blog, or doing anything that makes you "known" among your classmates--you are going to draw some praise and some criticism, and you have to be ready to accept both.

To Longhorn Law- It was in the comments of Juddge's post asking for 1L gossip.

To Juddge- Sorry it got dragged over into your space!

 
At 12:34 PM, September 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that post was funny. And truthful. Screw 'em if they got offended.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home