Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Next stop: Attorneydom

I overheard this conversation yesterday among two suit-laden 2Ls. Honestly, it scared me:

2L #1: Hey, did you have yours with (firm name here) yet?
2L #2: No, no, I don't have them till Thursday. What about you?
2L #1: I have them in about an hour. Of course, I scheduled two warm-up interviews with firms I'm not really interested in this morning, so I think I'm pretty good to go.
2L #2: You have three interviews today?
2L #1: Four, actually
2L #2:How many do you have total?
2L #1: Including my offsites in New York.....33.
...
2L #1: Why aren't you saying anything?
2L #2: Sorry. I just lost all respect for you, that's all. Later, man.

I had no idea gunner-dom extended to OCI as well.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, September 12, 2006, Blogger The Namby Pamby said...

just because he has 33 interviews doesn't mean he'll be a good attorney.

though if you were to...um...spike his morning beverage with some industrial strength laxative, a la Van Wilder, that would be worth telling the masses about

 
At 2:29 PM, September 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gunnerdom does carry over to OCI. Not all folks with a high number of interviews with prestigious firms act like gunners about it, though.

 
At 4:00 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger Ex.Coll. said...

Gunnerdom, unfortunately, infects all aspects of life.

 
At 7:26 PM, September 12, 2006, Blogger T said...

all aspects of law school life anyhow.

 
At 5:39 PM, September 18, 2006, Blogger nicolle said...

OCI is how gunners validate themselves.

how do i know? because all evidence indicates that i'm probably a gunner who validates herself through OCI.

 
At 8:49 AM, September 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 warm-up interviews? what about the people who really want to interview with those firms. You know, the people not in the top 10%?

god, that makes me sick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home