Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I got booed!

Today, while having lunch with our sections and faculty advisors, we had to do the obligatory go around the room and say your name and your undergrad school. When I said mine, my faculty advisor (who also happens to be my torts professor) led the entire section in BOOING me.

Seriously?!

Note to UT fans: when you win a national championship in something, the other team is aware of it. We lost. We get it. Your constant need to rub it in, is just, well, mean.

I'm a freaking 1L for god's sake, my nerves are already shot, was getting booed on my second day of law school really necessary? I mean, hell, I could kind of understand if someone from UT got booed at USC's orientation. But you won! Why the hell am I getting booed?

And I freaking know I'll probably be the one called on first in torts now. Greeeeaattt.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, August 29, 2006, Blogger T said...

Fwiw, I wanted to boo the Michigan alums I met at the first happy hour, and, despite being guests in MY state, they had the nerve to grill me over being a Penn State alum. I guess old allegiances die hard, even once law school starts?

 
At 7:33 PM, August 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get over it. That was the friendliest booing you're likely to get. FWIW, there is a USC alum in my section and when he introduced himself to the group, he said his name and that his school was going for three. That was how he introduced himself! And he wore the jersey to school!

He paid for it after the game. But it was all in good fun... especially for us.

 
At 9:05 AM, August 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a) That's still kind of funny, and I have very little loyalty for college sports in general.

b) What, you couldn't say UCLA once? Just to avoid the fire?

-most_impressive

 
At 5:25 PM, September 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to OU, and I wore my OU hat every single day last year to class the week of the big game.

I got called on in every single class.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home