Wednesday, August 30, 2006

This Won't Hurt One Bit...

Ever notice how people only say that right before they do something painful to you? Like give you a shot or rip off a band aid. It always hurts.

But today at least, my first day of class, didn't hurt. I went to three classes, I understood both the readings and the lectures, the lectures confirmed that I got what I was supposed to out of the readings, and the answers I muttered under my breath when questions were asked (still too timid to volunteer) were generally pretty on-target.

So that's a relief. And, in a comic sidenote for the day, the gunner extraordinaire was forced in Con Law to sit next to an even BIGGER gunner. And so whenever he raised his hand, she also raised hers, and then when the prof looked over to let him speak, she would think the professor was talking to her and would say her useless gunner comment instead. The frustration and annoyance on his face was priceless.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, August 30, 2006, Blogger Butterflyfish said...

We have an annoying gunner and some who just answer to get the rest of us off the hook -- and they now do everything they can to answer BEFORE the 'bad' gunner because he annoys the piss out of all of us.

 
At 7:12 PM, August 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gunners don't get it: classes don't matter; exams do.

 
At 5:07 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger T said...

Yeah...day one seemed cool to me, as did day two. In fact, the whole first week seemed like "wow, this is it?" But today, I got up at 7, read for 4 hours, reported to the law school, worked on a research project for 1.5 hours, had lunch, then 4 classes, then 2 more hours on aforesaid research project, finally leaving the law school at 7:20, which was over 8 hours after I arrived and 12 hours after I started law school stuff for the day. The best news (not joking here) I only have about 2 more hours of work today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home