Saturday, September 30, 2006

Superior

I have a good friend who is a 1L at the University of Michigan. She recently related to me that she is so stressed, and it is so competitive, that she can't remember the last time she went out or drank. She claims she is hardly alone in this.

That made me do a little count. Today is September 30th, exactly one month since classes commenced. According to my Outlook calendar, there have been 25 law school related or sponsored events that included alcohol since classes started. If you subtract out the four Sundays (you have to recover sometime) and one holiday (Labor Day) , that means there has been an opportunity to get trashed with law school classmates every single day since law school started, many of them on the law school's dime.

Screw the rankings. Clearly, we are the best.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, September 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

was your friends initials A.P.?

I have a friend at Michigan who related the same thing. I told her I remember my first month at UT law was really chill.

 
At 12:07 PM, October 01, 2006, Blogger The Lioness said...

Nope, different initials. But if you've heard the same thing from another source, then that's really too bad for those saps up north. I lived in Michigan for a time. It was cold.

 
At 3:17 PM, October 01, 2006, Blogger T said...

Wow, I'm jealous. While my law school has provided alcohol for us twice (and I was not able to go the second time), I have had to cut most of my social life back to weekends only. And I'm finding that the more fun I have on Friday and Saturday nights, the less work I accomplish on Sundays, which is a key day. I can't wait until 3L year when my life can truly be a paid vacation.

 
At 8:15 PM, October 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, well dont let rumors fool you. Im at UChicago and its been a (very surprisingly) non-stop party. So much for it being competitive and boring here...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home