Wednesday, November 22, 2006

These are our future clients

Scene: Starbucks on South Lamar

[Enter Lioness. She is annoyed, because she was just told by the people at the Jiffy Lube next door that it will probably be an hour before they can change her oil. She is holding her large purple Emanuel's for Torts. On the front, it prominently says "LAW OUTLINE"]

Lioness: Venti Green Iced Tea, please?
Barista: Sure. Wow, that's a big recipe book!
Lioness: Huh?
Barista: Your book, you must really like torts! Are you looking for a recipe for Thanksgiving?
Lioness: Oh, um, this isn't a recipe book. This is about legal torts, like personal injury and medical malpractice and stuff like that...
Barista: [clearly confused] Hmm. I didn't realize bakeries had that many legal problems.

I shit you not, people.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, November 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm fine with someone thinking tort = dessert at first (I still think chocolatey goodness before personal injury myself)... but not getting it after explanation? hmmm

 
At 10:49 AM, November 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the barista just thought you seemed pretty lame.

 
At 3:49 AM, November 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,

Stop copying my opinions.

No Love,
Dagny

 
At 6:00 AM, November 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dagny, are you jealous? OK, you're pretty lame too.

 
At 3:36 PM, November 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why the hate Dagny?

I'm a loyal fan.

 
At 7:08 PM, November 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon, pick on someone your own size. Come on over to Auri, I could use the target practice. Besides, Lunch is a 1L... she has shit to do, things to study, etc. I'm a happily situated 2L. Bring. It. On.

Anon2: I stand by our first statement, if you don't understand our sarcasm, not our problem - I find it amusing that Lunch has had less than ideal commentary toward me in the past, yet has left ANON alone.. perhaps it's easier with a solid target?

 
At 11:12 AM, November 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps people who enjoy picking online fights are big douches in real life.

 
At 12:06 PM, November 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps people who continually pick online fights and challenge people to "Bring. It. On." can't win arguments in the solid world.

If you really want to be a solid target, Dagny, drop the anonymity.

 
At 12:36 PM, November 25, 2006, Blogger The Lioness said...

Goodness, I leave my blog alone for a few days...

I know everyone's stressed, but these anonymous comment wars are kinda pointless, guys. If you guys wanna yell at Dagny, she has her own blog that you can do that on. Just a thought. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. ;)

 
At 12:56 PM, November 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMMMM, TORTS.
i thought this thread was gonna be funny. lighten up, kids.

 
At 7:35 AM, December 08, 2006, Blogger T said...

That's really funny. I think when I go places with law books, the coffee people just look at me like I am a douche-bag.

Speaking of, I'ts 10:34 AM and I only have 72 hours until a Torts exam. Time for me to go somewhere with MY Purple Emanuel Torts book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home