Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Bound to Happen Sometime

So today, I feel as though I reached a very important milestone in my legal education:

I skipped a class for the first time.



Yep. It's true. I feel like such a bad girl. But in a good way.

(Of course, before anyone gets too excited by my wanton disregard for attending class, I suppose I should mention that I'm only not there because I got hit so hard in flag football last night that I fell backwards, hit my head on the ground, and achieved a mild concussion. The immense pain in my head and neck today seemed like a good enough reason to forego lectures by 70 year old men, and to instead catch up in the following areas 1) my sleep 2) my laundry 3) my tivoed shows. Yep. A true bad girl am I. )

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, October 04, 2006, Blogger The Fox said...

That's right--during orientation, everyone from the Dean on down told us over and over that a) you'll meet lifelong friends b) you'll meet your spouse and c) you'll learn a little bit of law along the way.

 
At 2:39 PM, October 04, 2006, Blogger T said...

Congrats on skipping. I haven't brought myself to do so. We've been told by the upper classmen that, invariably, if you skip, the professor will call on you that day. No guarantees, of course, but that's just the way it always seems to work out. I can buy that, so I've been pretty faithful in my attendance.

And, to corroborate, during orientation, we were told the same things (about meeting friends and spouses). So far, I can see the friend part. The other part? Not sure.

 
At 5:39 PM, October 04, 2006, Blogger buffalodawg said...

Well done. Everyone needs to skip more often, plus stop outlining, case briefing, etc. I need you all to come down to my level.

 
At 2:14 PM, October 05, 2006, Blogger T said...

Slowly but steadily, more and more people are skipping classes and/or not reading or briefing. It can be done, if you're really careful about picking your moments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home