Saturday, April 21, 2007

A sign from the tv god

It's not that I watch a lot of tv, usually.

It's just that, when faced with the idea of watching tv, or say, memorizing the Model Penal Code, the tv wins out. I'm also lucky enough to have a tivo, so in my mind, I'm not *actually* being that bad by putting off studying to watch Gilmore Girls reruns, M*A*S*H reruns, or Law and Order: SVU reruns, because, hey, at least I'm skipping all the commercials. Who cares if I just wasted 40 minutes watching that show, really I saved 20 minutes.

But somewhere out there, all my rationalizations fell on deaf ears, and a sign was sent down through my cable box that I need to get to work.

My cable is broken. I just have a black screen. I called the geniuses they're employing over at Time Warner, but after an hour talking to some guy whose incessant sniffing led me to believe he was on a coked out bender, there was still just a black screen. So they're sending someone out...on Friday. Which means I have a whole week without my favorite procrastination device. But don't worry about me, kids. I've already dug out the good old standby: the gameboy. Let's see the cable gods try to break that!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, April 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would you memorize the MPC? The drafters wrote it down so that you wouldn't have to do that.

 
At 12:03 PM, April 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous--you are absolutely correct--now please share your insight with Prof. Jinks who is making us memorize the damn thing for his exam.

 
At 1:37 PM, April 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA.

That's awful.

Does Jinks come to class this semester?

 
At 5:50 PM, April 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet you can't beat Zelda (any version) within the next 48 hours. Prove me wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home