Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Blame Canada.

Anyone who knows me well could probably tell you two things about me:

1. I really hate(d) Legal Research and Writing.
2. I really, really, really hate the band Rush.

So wouldn't it figure that the same day that I sit down to finish the torture of my final LRW memo, my downstairs neighbor would decide it's a good day to blast Rush's greatest hits album. (Why they were ever hits, or how one could describe any of it as great, is beyond me.)

Clearly, I had to take matters into my own hand before the wretched Canadian corporate rock seeped into my subconscious. So I went to my ipod....I made a quick playlist of the most annoying and un-Rush music I could think of. Then I plugged it into my speakers, turned the speakers over so that they pointed into the floor, turned the volume up and blasted Le Tigre (really annoying indie girl rock), old Nine Inch Nails, and a song from Rent into her ceiling.

At the end of the third song, I paused....

...the silence is golden. ;-)

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, April 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't like Rush? Oh, that crashing sound is my heart breaking...

 
At 9:18 PM, April 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C66mqA1gSrQ

 
At 6:04 AM, April 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I don't mind your post but your title really sucks. Ever think there could be Canadians reading your blog?

 
At 8:12 AM, April 18, 2007, Blogger The Lioness said...

Fair enough. I changed it. Perhaps I should have said Canadian music sucks. I mean, I'll even give you half credit for Bryan Adams and the Guess Who, but seriously....Rush? Celine Dion? Avril Lavigne?

 
At 8:53 AM, April 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. Way to be passive agressive.

 
At 10:03 AM, April 18, 2007, Blogger the star said...

for serious - old nine inch nails rocks my world.

 
At 4:05 PM, April 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how you act like people in law school wouldn't know who Le Tigre is.

 
At 4:17 PM, April 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in law school, and I have no idea who Le Tigre is....

 
At 10:18 PM, April 18, 2007, Blogger angela said...

Next time blast some death metal. It'll take the length of one song instead of three for them to stop. :)

 
At 4:40 PM, April 19, 2007, Blogger Butterflyfish said...

Giving Canadians love for Barenakes Ladies and Alannis Morrisette

 

Post a Comment

<< Home