Monday, August 07, 2006

Cute as a button. A bruised, chipmunk-cheeked button.

So today, after a week of lying around doing nothing letting my wisdom teeth heal, I decided to be productive. So I went to campus to go pick up my UT id card. Or so I thought.

You see, UT had us send in passport photos earlier this summer, which they called "identification photos." Perhaps because the word "identification" was used, or perhaps because it was the process for getting your id card at my undergrad, I simply assumed that this picture would be put on our id cards, and that we could go swing by and pick them up whenever we wanted.

So I go to the id card office, and ask for my id card. Only to find out that what I sent in is a separate law school identification picture, and I have to take a picture then and there for my UT id card. Goody.

You see, I still have bruising and swelling from getting the wisdom teeth out. And, I hadn't washed my hair that morning and had it pulled back in a ponytail. Needless to say, my ID picture: not so cute. I suppose I can always hope I lose it.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, August 07, 2006, Blogger the littlest tortfeasor said...

I was thinking the same thing! I can just lose my ID and retake...too bad the pic is also used on the composite that hangs on the law school walls forever and ever :(

 
At 10:50 PM, August 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh jeez, I hope these don't go on any composites. These are the pics that will come out when we run for office...be afraid, very afraid.

 
At 7:29 AM, August 08, 2006, Blogger Lily Graypure said...

Awww, poor Lioness. I look stoned and sick in undergrad for my first year photo. I'm pretty sure no one has looked worse!!

 
At 9:23 AM, August 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you pay the new ID fee ($10?) you can go back later to replace it after a trip to the salon. If you like a picture, you don't need to get a new one when you replace it - the ID office kept my old one around for 6 years. I happen to look better than I did at 18, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home