Sunday, April 02, 2006

Home, sweet, home

So, after admitted students day was over, and I was all happy and content to send in my deposit check to UT, the next hurdle on the road to law school had arisen:

Finding a suitable apartment in Austin.

My qualifications weren't too difficult. I needed a 2/1 or 2/2 that allowed cats, had a dishwasher, in an area of town that was primarily grad students and young professionals, that would be available for move in between now and June, for a reasonable rent. I also preferred an area near hike and bike trails, with a pool and fitness center, parking, and with a washer/dryer or at least hookups. If we could get all of that, I also wanted to be on the top floor of the building and near a campus shuttle.

Turns out that's what everyone else in Austin is looking for too.

Every single apartment complex I had found online had long waiting lists, exorbitant rents, or both. Things were not looking up. So I called a really great Austin apartment locator, who on her first try, showed me an amazing apartment that met every single one of the above preferences. I signed the lease then and there.

I'll be living in the Barton Springs area, right on the greenbelt and hike and bike trails, a few block from Zilker park, a few blocks from Town lake, and maybe a mile from downtown. There is a city bus that picks up right in front of the campus, I've got a third floor place, and it is available for me to move in on May 20. (I move out of my other place May 15.)

So, I don't know how or why the Austin apartment gods shined down on me, but thank you, my new place kicks ass.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home