Thursday, April 19, 2007

Retail Therapy (kinda)

Now that Legal Research and Coloring is forever behind me, I realized today that I could probably avoid signing onto Westlaw or Lexis for the rest of the semester and be no worse off. However, as some of you may remember, when I was a bright-eyed, bushy-tailed first semester 1L, I had grand illusions of raking in the Westlaw points and saving up for a nifty wine fridge.

But, now, 8 months down the road, a litte more cynical, a litte more jaded, and substantially less money in my bank account to spend on actual shopping, instant gratification with some of the lower point items sounded way better.

So I wandered over to the Westlaw rewards catalog, only to find that the best thing my hard fought 3,600 some odd points could get me was the all-in-one breakfast machine thingy that makes coffee and toast in the same machine.

Of course, I don't drink coffee, and I rarely eat toast. Very depressing.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5:01 AM, April 20, 2007, Blogger prettylawchick said...

at least you don't have a paltry 2000 poins at the end of your 2L year.

:)

 
At 6:57 PM, May 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tsk, tsk, you could have EASILY gotten 6,000 from me and the only hard part would have been going to two classes with me. I know, I know that might not be worth it.

But look for the return of log on points next year (sorry lunching) and instant wins with Lexis! And you can get ANYTHING your heart desires with the points

 
At 11:39 AM, June 11, 2007, Blogger Nomadic said...

all I get is 25 dollar gift card, at least you get an appliance! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home