Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day! (Now don't kill each other)

Ahh, Valentine's Day. That special time of year when law students (along with the rest of the country) put to shame the Beatles' notion that money can't buy you love...because it can buy you dinner, flowers, jewlery, and stuffed animals.

But, being the cynic that I am when it comes to this holiday, I can't help but laugh at the many pitfalls that have already surrounded many a couple:

-In contracts, a giant balloon delivery from one student to another had the class (and professor) amused. When the balloons wouldn't stop playing "Everlasting Love" the professor's amusement waned considerably.

-The DVSSN crush sale has apparently delivered some crushes to people in committed relationships...much to their significant other's displeasure.

-One girl in the atrium took no notice of the volume of her voice when describing her lingerie plans for the evening to a friend. If I heard it, I'm sure a few professors did too.

-A non-law friend called to tell me about her boyfriend's attempt to make her breakfast in bed. Instead, he started a fire in their kitchen and managed to give them both food poisoning. They'll be spending their day taking alternating turns praying to the porcelain godthrone. How romantic.

As for me, I think a nice bottle of red wine at home is more than satisfactory. But to those of you with plans of grandeur, just remember, as evidenced by the above, Murphy's Law works in overdrive on February 14th.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, February 14, 2007, Blogger angela said...

-The SBA crush sale has apparently delivered some crushes to people in committed relationships...much to their significant other's displeasure.


That happened to one of my friends. He's about to get married, yet he got crush notes, hahaha.

 
At 6:34 PM, February 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the crush sale is through the very hard workers of DVSSN

 
At 6:10 AM, February 15, 2007, Blogger The Lioness said...

Thanks anonymous, I'll change that and make sure they get credit!

 
At 6:39 AM, February 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know nothing about that crush madness...

 
At 10:55 AM, February 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DVSSN was selling crush notes? Did they throw in a shelter stay for an extra few dollars? This is almost as great as when the Women's Law Caucus shows up to an event with cookies.

 
At 10:49 AM, February 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Women's Law Caucus should just have an ironing marathon to raise their money.

 
At 11:19 AM, February 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still wondering about these DVSSN crush notes. What did they say? I've been watching you? I know where you live?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home