Wednesday, March 21, 2007

An open letter to springtime on the first official day of spring...

Dear Spring,

We've always had quite the lovely friendship going on. I start to get really sick of winter and boom! There you are to cheer me up. I noticed that the bluebonnets have started blooming in the past few days, a bird is nesting in the tree outside my balcony (much to my cat's chagrin, but I digress), and the greenbelt has started to live up to its name and change back from dull, dead, and brown to lush, green, and happy.

But spring, we have to talk. You are making it a little too gorgeous every day when I get out of morning classes. It's been impossible lately for me to want to do anything but go for a walk or go kayaking or just generally be outside. Crim Law can't compete with lovely 72 degree clear skies, with just hint of a breeze. As it is, Crim Law can barely compete with a blizzard or a monsoon.

So I ask you for just this one little favor, spring: can you start making the weather suck around 1:45 Monday-Wednesday? Just enough so that I look outside, assess the icky weather, and decide that I might as well go to Crim since bad weather gives me no excuse to leave early. Maybe you can even get in cahoots with summer of fall to accomplish this. In return, I'll stop attacking every stinging insect that lands within 100 ft of my place with Raid, and I'll finally throw away the dead hanging plant on my balcony that died 6 months ago.

Glad we could work things out,
The Lioness

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, March 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People who want to golf in the afternoon should be struck down by lightning in a thunderstorm anyway.

 
At 9:06 AM, March 23, 2007, Blogger The Lioness said...

Oh, I only need a nice little torrential downpour or something in the courtyard by the law school. So far as I'm concerned, the golf courses can remain unaffected ;-)

 
At 3:57 PM, March 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you got your wish until at least tomorrow. got galoshes?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home